This recipe is a great use for leftover Herb Roasted Salmon. You can make your own fruit salsa or pick up some at Trader Joe’s.
Adapted from emeals.com
- 1/2 lb salmon, cooked and flaked
- 1 1/2 T fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 T mayonnaise
- 1 T Old Bay seasoning (leave out if you are using leftover Herb Roasted Salmon)
- 1/4 c gluten free bread crumbs (I used and old biscuit. Alternately you could use flax meal)
- 1 egg white
- 1 t salt
- 1 T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake salmon for about 15 minutes, or until it flakes easily (skip this step if your salmon is already cooked and leftover from Herb Roasted Salmon).
- Combine salmon, basil, cilantro, mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, breadcrumbs, egg and salt.
- Form into palm size cakes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Brown cakes on each side for 2 minutes.
- Top with fruit salsa of choice for a great flavor combination, if desired.