This recipe was super easy and we all enjoyed it.
Adapted from marthastewart.com
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup if stage 1)
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice, drained and coarsely chopped (juice reserved)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin or steak (1 pound), cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (from a peeled 1/2-inch piece)
- Heat grill to medium; lightly oil grates. Cook rice according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Alternately thread pork (or steak) and bell peppers onto skewers; season with salt and pepper. Grill, brushing occasionally with honey mixture, until pork is cooked through and peppers begin to char, 10 to 15 minutes.
- To rice, add pineapple chunks, scallions, ginger, and oil. Season with salt and pepper, and fluff with a fork. Serve kebabs with rice.