The girls couldn’t get enough of these to eat. The donuts themselves are pretty low in sugar so the glaze is a nice touch.
Adapted from www.savorylotus.com
- 1 and 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 4 TBS full fat coconut milk
- 4 TBS real maple syrup
- 4 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
FOR MAPLE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease your donut panwith a little coconut oil or sunflower seed oil
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Fill each cavity in donut pan 3/4 full. Give the pan a little shake or two to let the batter settle.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes for full size donuts or 10-12 min for mini donuts, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then tip over onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before adding glaze.
- For the glaze: whisk maple syrup and coconut milk together. Once donuts have cooled gentle drop each donut into the glaze and then remove and allow to set for a few minutes.