Adapted from ezgf.blogspot.com
Ingredients for the Fish:
- 6 oz of tilapia fillet, cut into long strips
- 2/3 cup of all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 flaxseed egg (1 Tb flaxseed meal plus 3 T water. Mix and let sit 5 min. May need to add a little extra water because you want a runny egg consistency for this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons rice milk
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Sunflower oil, to drizzle on top
Instructions for the Fish:
- Cut the fillets into long strips and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a medium combine the flax-egg and milk and a sprinkle of all the seasonings or other seasonings of your choice.
- In another bowl combine the all purpose gluten free flour, xanthan gum, and baking soda with more of the same seasonings that you used in the egg-milk mixture.
- Dip the fish into the seasoned dry mixture, then dip it into the egg-milk, then back into the dry mixture. At this point you could either set it aside on a plate, or repeat the process of dipping it into the egg and dry mixture again for a thicker coating.
- Place the fillets onto a foil lined baking sheet and drizzle them with sunflower oil or spray them with olive oil and bake at them at 425°F for 15 minutes then turn them over and bake them for another 5 minutes.