This sauce has a nice sweet, saucy nutty flavor to it. This recipe could be done in Stage 1 with only minor substitutions.
Adapted from maranathafoods.com
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter (or sun butter if Stage 1)
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut milk (or rice milk if Stage 1)
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil or sunflower oil
Sauce: In medium saucepan whisk all ingredients together. Heat to a slight boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Chicken: Put a stainless steel skillet in the oven about 7-10 inches under the broiler. Heat under the broiler for 10 minutes. Remove. Add the olive oil and chicken. Cook chicken under the broiler for 4 minutes then take out and flip chicken over and cook another 4 minutes or until done.