We all thought this made for pretty good dipping for our fish and chips. I didn’t have any horseradish on hand…but the consistency and flavor were good even without it. I am sure horseradish would have made it even better.
1 cup cashews soaked in water
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (malt vinegar if stage 1)
2 tsp horseradish powder
1 Tbsp pickle juice (or malt vinegar + fresh dill if stage 1)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup minced sweet pickle (leave out if in stage 1. You could add celery if you want the crunch)
2 Tbsp grated horseradish
4 green onions (whites only) minced
- Soak the cashews in 2 cups of water for at least 2 hours. They will swell and soften. After soaking drain and rinse them.
- Put them in the blender.
- Add the water, vinegar, horseradish powder, pickle juice, garlic powder, and salt. Blend until smooth. Depending on your blender this can take 1-5 minutes. Transfer into a bowl.
- Taste test the horseradish level before you proceed.
- Add the minced pickled, minced horseradish (if desired) and onions. Stir together.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.