My kids LOVED these and they were super easy to whip up in the blender and turned out great. Because there is maple syrup in the batter the kids were happy to just eat them without any extra syrup saving me a sticky mess.
Recipe adapted from www.lexieskitchen.com
1-1/3 cups warm WATER
2 tablespoons FLAX SEED MEAL
1/4 cup MAPLE SYRUP
3 tablespoons SUNFLOWER OIL
2 teaspoons VANILLA EXTRACT (gluten and corn free)
2 cups ALL PURPOSE GLUTEN FREE FLOUR (bean free for stage 1 of diet)
1/2 heaping teaspoon SALT
3/4 teaspoon BAKING POWDER (corn free)
1/2 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- Preheat oiled griddle to 350-375˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together water and flax seed meal. Set aside 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Whisk in maple syrup, sunflower oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and salt and whisk until smooth.
- Add baking powder and baking soda. Whisk just until incorporated.
- Using a 1/4-cup measure gently scoop batter onto griddle to form 4-inch pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear and begin popping on surface.
- Flip and cook 1-2 minutes more. Best enjoyed hot off the griddle.
- Batter may be prepared in a blender. Simply add all ingredients to blender container except for baking soda and baking powder. Blend until smooth. Add baking soda and baking powder and blend just until combined. Pour batter from blender container for perfectly round pancakes.