Adapted from recipes.sparkpeople.com
- 2 c. Gluten-free all purpose flour (or 2 c. White rice flour)
- 2 tsp. Xanthan gum or Guar gum
- 1 tsp. Gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 c. Warm water
- Add the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the cup of warm water to the bowl and mix the dry ingredients into the water by hand until its an even mixture.
- Separate the dough into 8 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Place all but one of the dough balls back into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap until you’re ready to work with them.
- Sprinkle a clean, flat surface with a bit of GF flour and then roll your dough ball into a roughly circular shape and get as thin as possible. I like to cut mine out with a large cup or bowl to get a perfect circle. You can also break out the cookie cutters and get some really fun shapes!
- Throw the bread/tortilla onto a hot griddle (I use a cast iron griddle on medium heat with just a smidge of sunflower oil) and let it cook approximately 1-2 minutes or until it has started puffing up and the bottom side is developing those lovely brown spots. Flip the bread/tortilla and cook the other side until is toasty as well.
- Slide the cooked bread/tortilla onto a covered plate to stay warm and repeat from step 4 until you’ve cooked all 8 tortillas.
- Serve these warm with your favorite filling!
*Makes 8 good size tortillas*
Number of Servings: 8