Recipe adapted from emilylevenson.com
- 1.5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sun butter
- 1 tbs sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the oats and puffed cereal. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl) combine sun butter, oil, and maple syrup. Heat mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Pour sun butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer mixture into the prepared baking dish and firmly press into an even layer.
- Cover and put in the fridge to chill, about 30 min.
- Lift out bars using the parchment paper and cut into the desired shape.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for about 7 days.