This recipe was adapted from Momswithcrockpots.com
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 2 hours
Total time 2 hours 10 mins
- 5 cups old-fashioned Gluten Free rolled oats
- ½ cup ground flaxseed (optional)
- ¾ cup sunflower oil
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract (alcohol and corn free pure vanilla extract)
- 1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts)
- Mix in the the maple syrup and sunflower oil to form your sauce.
- Mix Oats, Flaxseed, coconut, and nuts in your crockpot. Add the maple syrup mixture as well as the vanilla. Stir thoroughly.
- Allow the granola to cook on low for 2-4 hours. You may want to stir every hour to avoid burning. You are also going to leave the lid cracked a little to allow the moisture to escape.
- Cooking times will greatly vary depending on your crock pot as they all cook at slightly different temps.
- Allow to cool, then mix in the dried fruit and/or chocolate chips. Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for several weeks.
– See more at: http://momswithcrockpots.com/2013/07/crock-pot-granola-recipe/#sthash.zNQAcVEM.dpuf